Just How Much Did John Cena Help WWE Ticket Sales (It’s A Lot)

He’s still got it. There are very few stars in the history of professional wrestling near the level of John Cena. While he might have moved on to Hollywood for the most part these days, Cena is still the biggest name in wrestling and the reactions he has received since his latest WWE return would offer some proof of his superstar power. Now we have something a bit more concrete.
According to F4WOnline.com, Cena’s return to WWE live events have had a positive impact on ticket sales. This weekend’s live event in Fort Myers, Florida saw 63% of its sales after Cena was announced for the show. Shows in Louisville, Milwaukee and Detroit have all seen 50% increases in ticket sales since Cena was announced. Cena is currently advertised to appear until the September 10 New York City SmackDown.
Cena has been a big deal since he returned. Check out what he has been doing this time around:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contain..

Update On NXT’s Backstage Reaction To Recent Releases

Can you blame them? The WWE roster has been undergoing a lot of changes over the course of the last year and those changes are going to be felt for a long time. If nothing else, it is going to cause some shakeups throughout the locker room going forward. It seems that is the case again, and now we know something about how the remaining roster is feeling.
According to Fightful Select, last Friday’s releases have had a negative impact on NXT morale. The NXT women’s division is worried about their future, along with being worried about who might be brought in to the division in the future. In addition, the departure of Canyon Ceman has led to changes in NXT’s hiring practices. This includes various wrestlers who were successes at tryouts not being signed, which had the locker room wondering why they were passed over. These issues come as NXT is rumored to be undergoing several changes.
NXT still has a lot of talent. Check out what they have been doing lately:
[This post contains video, ..

Mark Henry Says WWE Threw A Grenade Into Locker Room

He might be onto something. The big story this week has been the latest batch of NXT releases. More than ten new names have been released from NXT and this time around they were announced during this week’s edition of SmackDown. That is the kind of thing that could shake things up in the locker room and a certain WWE legend has quite the take on the situation.
During the latest edition of Busted Open Radio, WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry discussed the releases, describing it as a grenade to the roster. Henry said that there have been so many releases that it might make wrestlers want to go somewhere else before WWE can release them. The releases made Henry feel that no one is safe in NXT and he did not understand why WWE would do this during SmackDown. There is no word on when the next releases could take place.
Henry would know something about this. Check out the interview and some of his best moments in WWE:
[This post contains video, click to play]
[This post contains video, click..

VIDEO: Former WWE Star Releases New Teaser Video

It’s a nice tease. Soon after Dean Ambrose was released from WWE, a video appeared on his social media accounts showing him escaping from prison. Fans began analyzing the video to look for clues and found a few things, but what mattered the most was the fact that people were talking. Ambrose then debuted for AEW as Jon Moxley and he was off to the races. Now someone is trying the same thing.
Former WWE star Buddy Murphy has released a video to his social media accounts, featuring him standing in a prison cell, banging himself against a wall. Murphy was released from WWE in June of this year, meaning that his no compete clause is expected to expire on August 31. There is no word on where he will be signing next, but he has already booked for an independent match against AEW’s Brian Cage on September 18.
This could be interesting. Check out his new video plus some of what he could do in WWE:
[This post contains video, click to play]
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This p..

WATCH: John Cena vs. CM Punk From SummerSlam 2011

The WWE Champion vs. the WWE Champion. WWE has posted a new video to its YouTube channel in which they show the full match between John Cena and CM Punk for the Undisputed WWE Championship from SummerSlam 2011.
You can see the video in its entirety below:
[This post contains video, click to play]

From WWE.com:
There were several near-falls in this competitive clash after both ring warriors punished one another with their signature maneuvers, but The Second City Savior ultimately nailed The Cenation Commander-in-Chief with a second Go to Sleep to pick up the pinfall victory – even though Cena’s foot was on the bottom rope. Apparently not noticing that Cena had broken the hold by reaching the ropes, The Game made the three-count.
Following weeks of escalating animosity between Cena and Punk – two Superstars who couldn’t possibly be more different from one another in terms of in-ring style and personal ideals – the simultaneous WWE Title holders gave it their all as they vied to bec..

WATCH: Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville From SummerSlam 2020

Time to settle the score. WWE has posted a new video to its YouTube channel in which they show the full No Disqualification match between Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville from SummerSlam 2020. The loser of this match would be forced to leave the company.
You can see the match in its entirety below:
[This post contains video, click to play]

From WWE.com:
Mandy Rose sent her ex-best friend packing, defeating Sonya Deville in a brutal No Disqualification Loser Leaves WWE Match.
The Golden Goddess was more than ready to match Deville’s trademark viciousness, slamming her into the steel steps and ring post, as well as delivering a suplex on the ramp in the early going.
The Pride Fighter struck with a huge pump kick, then used a steel chair as her equalizer while bad-mouthing Mandy relentlessly.
Rose fought back and obliterated her former tag team partner with a trio of jumping bicycle knees, followed by an underhook facebuster. For good measure, she dropped Deville with one final knee..

Bryan Danielson’s AEW Not-So “Fantasy” Bookings?

Bryan Danielson’s pro wrestling future has been a hot topic of conversation over the past several weeks. Much of the speculation online centers on the possibility and some would say eventual likelihood, that he has signed a deal with All Elite Wrestling.
Neither side has confirmed a signing as of yet. That’s not surprising of course, as the desire to keep things under wraps in the business is still very much in play here. Assuming Danielson is indeed coming onboard, AEW would want to surprise the fans and save his debut for just the right time. So if it does happen, who would be the most ideal choices to face him in the company?
The idea of Danielson actually joining AEW was nothing more than just a dream at one time. The man formerly known as Daniel Bryan seemed to be enjoying his run in WWE and never really appeared to be searching for something else. He was part of that company’s weekly TV grind and everything seemed to be moving fairly well for him.
But there would always be ru..

More Details On WWE Releases, How Vince McMahon Was Involved

The more you know. The WWE roster was shaken up again this week as the company released another dozen names from the roster. This has become a regular occurrence for WWE over the last several months, to the point where nearly 100 wrestlers have been let go over the last year and a half. This latest batch was a little bit different, and now we know a bit more about what happened.
According to Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon made the call on the cuts at some point this week. These cuts were made due to NXT having too many names, along with McMahon wanting to bring in younger and bigger wrestlers. WWE President Nick Khan has no say in which wrestlers have been cut at any point. The salaries of the wrestlers released are nothing close to those of Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt, both of whom were released earlier this year.
There were some surprising names let go. Check out some of them in action:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play..

Original Plans For Canceled Summerslam Match Revealed

What could have been. We are on our way to Summerslam and that means things are going to be getting intense in a hurry. With less than two weeks to go before the show, it is time for WWE to really start finalizing the card and getting everything announced. There is going to be one match that we will not be seeing though, even if it was in the cards at one point.
Randy Orton has not been seen on Monday Night Raw in over a month. It is not clear when Orton will be back or why he is gone in the first place. WWE creative plans have changed due to his absence though, as he was originally scheduled for Summerslam. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the original plans for Summerslam called for Orton to team with Riddle against Raw Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Omos. It is not clear if the match will take place in the future. Styles and Omos do not currently have a match scheduled for Summerslam.
Orton is great at what he does. Check out his efforts with and without Riddle:
..

Details On Special Vince McMahon Meeting With Adam Cole

That’s good…I think? Vince McMahon might not be the most popular name in wrestling these days but he certainly is the most power. McMahon can change the industry with a single decision, but he can also change any wrestler’s career just as fast. This week saw McMahon dealing with a fairly pressing contract situation personally and now we know a bit more about how it went.
Earlier this week, reports surfaced that Adam Cole’s NXT contract was scheduled to expire later this month. As a result, McMahon would be meeting with Cole this week before SmackDown. According to Fightful Select, the meeting went well and McMahon has taken a personal liking to Cole. It is not clear how long the meeting lasted but Cole was not around backstage during the show. WWE creative has been working on plans for him to debut on the main roster should he re-sign with the company.
I can see why WWE would want to keep Cole. Check out his dominance of NXT:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post co..

WWE Trying To Trademark Name Of Released Wrestler

Can they do that? WWE is a rather large and rather powerful wrestling company but there are some things about it that can make you scratch your head. Every now and then, something happens that does not paint them in the best light and it usually involved one of the wrestlers. That is the case again this time, but in this case, the wrestler isn’t part of the company anymore.
According to PWInsider.com, WWE is trying to maintain the trademark on the ring name Chelsea Green, despite Green being released from the company earlier this day. WWE was initially denied the trademark in February, as Green did not sign the agreement needed due to Chelsea Green being her real name. WWE attempted to file the trademark again on August 5, but was based on a letter provided while Green was still with the company. Green is currently in the process of trademarking her own name.
Green signed with WWE in 2018, making her debut in NXT at the March 13, 2019 television tapings. However, she broke her wrist ..

Update On Pete Dunne’s WWE Contract Status

That’s one of the next names. The wrestling world has been changing a lot recently and the changes in WWE have been by far the most prominent. Wrestlers have been coming and going from the company, very few of which have been due to the wrestlers’ own wishes. Now we might be seeing another name leaving, but in this case it would be due to their own choice.
Earlier this week, a story emerged that Pete Dunne’s contract will be expiring in the near future. The contract is expected to expire at some point after Summerslam, but the exact date was not clear. According to Wrestling Observer Radio, Dunne’s contract is expected to expire on September 1, over a week after Takeover 36. There is no word on where Dunne is expected to sign next.
Dunne is worth keeping around. Check out what he can do in the ring:
[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

[This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: The amount of changes taking place to WWE as ..